British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 751

I'm not planning on watching the World Cup this year.

I read everywhere about the despondency towards this year's world cup and for many good reasons too.
It feels like a none-event that has messed up everyone's season.
$1.5 million bungs to voting members of FIFA and the games can't be played in summer because of the temperatures leaves a nasty taste.
And of course, the 'human rights issues that don't count there.
Football fans have to turn a lot of blind eyes to enjoy it.

Grass is looking nice and firm

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th November 2022, 3:02 PM

Grass is looking nice and firm

Typo?

Word association

It's already started. Wales have decided to put back their training because it's too hot.

I can't remember who predicted it but maybe an all-African final isn't such a ridiculous idea.

They are arresting and stopping news channels filming in the streets. That is also illegal there.

I'm not going to watch a single game or any associated shows.
This World cup is a homage to greed and corruption aided by people I actually expected better of , Gary Neville being a good example.
He doesn't need the money and lets be honest what the stars are being paid is coming from the wages the slaves that built this monstrosity should have been paid.

These people are barbarous and they deny people rights to be who or what they are. Plus the kowtowing by mega rich footballers and promoters is beyond shameful.
So instead of playing for oil billionaires on phoney grass in the desert. The World Cup should be getting hosted by any South American country you can name as they adore the game and it would help their economies instead of helping the mega rich show once more that anything is for sale if you have the money.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 17th November 2022, 8:28 AM

I'm not going to watch a single game or any associated shows.
This World cup is a homage to greed and corruption aided by people I actually expected better of , Gary Neville being a good example.
He doesn't need the money and lets be honest what the stars are being paid is coming from the wages the slaves that built this monstrosity should have been paid.

These people are barbarous and they deny people rights to be who or what they are. Plus the kowtowing by mega rich footballers and promoters is beyond shameful.
So instead of playing for oil billionaires on phoney grass in the desert. The World Cup should be getting hosted by any South American country you can name as they adore the game and it would help their economies instead of helping the mega rich show once more that anything is for sale if you have the money.

I'm with you there Teddy. I've got no enthusiasm for it and plan to not watch any of it. However I'm probably going to weaken.

No Saturday night football. What do I do now?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th November 2022, 5:22 PM

No Saturday night football. What do I do now?

Broaden your horizons?

*Hopes for world cup discussion soon rather than "Saucy" photos
There's a time and a place for that sort of thing , I don't know where the place is but I'm guessing the time was probably 1973

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th November 2022, 12:48 AM

*Hopes for world cup discussion soon rather than "Saucy" photos
There's a time and a place for that sort of thing , I don't know where the place is but I'm guessing the time was probably 1973

Sorry, Vicar Prude...............not really

I suspect there will be lots of trouble ahead. The restrictive laws will be too much for football fans and riots will break out.
In scorching heat, they have to keep covered up, and almost laughably - if you go there with your girlfriend, you cannot have sex. (it is illegal outside of marriage)
The 'fans' village' they have built (as of yesterday) is not finished by a long way. 2000 plastic tents with no air con and communal showers, toilets and sinks with brown water.

Some fans have already arrived and they cannot stay inside their tent because of the heat inside.

Saw that on the news this morning - one man had paid $3000 for his tent, and was walking away from it and losing that money as conditions were so bad.

What a disgrace and fiasco it's turning out to be, and now we have a Blatter FIFA clone spouting on for nearly an hour,(presumably to justify the bung he's probably received) defending the Qataris