British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 1,503

Lazy bastard, inne?

Obviously - he staged a revolution from his bed !

The Adam and Joe show

Sublime

Shot by both sides by Magazine. CD best of compilation. Riff also used on a Buzzcocks song.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th November 2022, 7:33 PM

The Adam and Joe show

I miss that on'telly. Very good and funny.

One of their songs has the line " a man with a mullet went mad with a mallet in Millets"
Poetry.I can't remember which one yet though.

Radio Surrey. It gives me weather and travel updates for getting to work. They also have something between 6 and 7am called the Hit Bit. They play a fraction of the intro and you have to guess what it is. If it's the right era then I get most of them but nothing really from the last 15 years or so.

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 10th November 2022, 3:12 AM

One of their songs has the line " a man with a mullet went mad with a mallet in Millets"
Poetry.I can't remember which one yet though.

Love their lyrics and name, just can't get their music. Maybe Elton John could team up with them ?

Or Eno?

Met Brian Eno once, in the garden of his house in Woodbridge, Suffolk

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th November 2022, 12:10 AM

Met Brian Eno once, in the garden of his house in Woodbridge, Suffolk

What were you doing there? Did you break in?

Sounds intriguing

Quote: Chappers @ 11th November 2022, 6:27 PM

What were you doing there? Did you break in?

Back in the 90s I temporarily worked for a fencing company, and we had a job putting up a fence for his neighbour, and when we got to one end of the fence line, we found all these CDs laying in and, on the bushes, presumably some sort of frisbee game they'd been playing, but that's neither here nor there, but just after he came out of his house with a bird to speak to us and find out what we were doing, and so we had a general chat. Nice bloke.

The Navy Lark on Radio 4 Extra.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th November 2022, 12:04 AM

Back in the 90s I temporarily worked for a fencing company.

Fighting with rapiers or handling stolen goods?