British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,499

Quote: chipolata @ 24th October 2022, 8:17 PM

Referring to a woman as the local bike is unpleasant. Show a bit of class.

Showing his true colours more like.

I find that a lot of people who slag her off are basically snobs who think that anyone who is working class and speaks with a regional accent has no business in having anything to do with being in government

That's primarily for the Johnsons and the Reese Moggs of this world

Hence the country is going down the toilet

Quote: chipolata @ 24th October 2022, 8:17 PM

Referring to a woman as the local bike is unpleasant. Show a bit of class.

whereas:

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd October 2022, 9:04 PM

You can piss off back to the Caribbean now fatty

It only works one way. You should know that.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th October 2022, 2:37 PM

He said most, not all, Billlwill.

He still doesn't speak for MOST people in the UK. Anyway this was just the most recent such blatant claim, there have been many others.

Sunak did come across as a bit wooden yesterday. And looking at the wrong camera didn't help.

Quote: billwill @ 25th October 2022, 1:52 AM

He still doesn't speak for MOST people in the UK. Anyway this was just the most recent such blatant claim, there have been many others.

Calm down please! I don't claim to speak for everyone or even most people any more than you do.
However, all polling available indicates that MOST PEOPLE DID NOT WANT JOHNSON TO BE PM AGAIN. Not you personally not everyone in the UK but MOST BRITONS. According to OPINION POLLS. Not ME.
It is thus not even very controversial or even an opinion really to say MOST BRITONS WERE PLEASED HE DIDN'T STAND AGAIN.
Anymore, than saying MOST SUNAK SUPPORTERS WERE PLEASED BY THE RESULT YESTERDAY. Or that MORDAUNT SUPPORTERS WERE DISAPPOINTED.
Your second sentence here is a pissy load of bollocks though. If you have any other specific examples of me saying things you take issue with, please be specific.
If you can't find any or can't be arsed to look them up, then shut up.

Ah, those trustworthy polls.
The only trustworthy polls are in polling stations.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th October 2022, 9:08 AM

Give the gramophone a kick, someone.

Whilst I can see the kudos for the Conservative Party in installing our first Hindu worshipping Prime Minister of Asian ancestry. I also suspect that if the vote had been given to the party members then Mz Mordant would be our new leader.
So now I look forward to Monday and the Trick & Tax budget as two people who never won a vote from their own membership let alone the country tell us how hard its going to get in order to recover from the mistakes their own party made.

Quote: billwill @ 25th October 2022, 1:52 AM

The problem is that, like David Cameron which led to his badly mis-judging the outcome of the EU referendum, many people of strong political opinions tend to mix only with those of the same mind and to work in environments that do not attract a cross-section of different views. Therefore they have no idea how other people think and mistakenly believe that the vast majority of people have the same outlook as themselves. That's how we ended up with Brexit to the great surprise of the political classes.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th October 2022, 9:45 AM

The problem is that, like David Cameron which led to his badly mis-judging the outcome of the EU referendum, many people of strong political opinions tend to mix only with those of the same mind and to work in environments that do not attract a cross-section of different views. Therefore they have no idea how other people think and mistakenly believe that the vast majority of people have the same outlook as themselves. That's how we ended up with Brexit to the great surprise of the political classes.

A large number of people did not want Johnson to be PM again. It is not even a narrow margin.
Many people do want him back. But they are definitely in the minority.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th October 2022, 9:08 AM

Not exactly speaking from the moral high ground today, are we?

Still not quite sure who was being referred to as a bike but some people on here are so high and mighty. They've got no time for other peoples opinions.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th October 2022, 10:09 AM

Still not quite sure who was being referred to as a bike but some people on here are so high and mighty. They've got no time for other peoples opinions.

I've got no time for misogyny. You don't like someone, fine, but that kind of comment is fairly nasty.

Quote: chipolata @ 25th October 2022, 10:20 AM

I've got no time for misogyny. You don't like someone, fine, but that kind of comment is fairly nasty.

Why is that misogyny? It was a specific target. Not a generalisation. Wokeness again.