British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,498

So Rishi it is.
Riots in the golf clubs of Southern England.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th October 2022, 10:24 AM

Sulky response there. No need to be a sore loser.

Happy birthday, Lazzard!

The moral of the story is that if everyone automatically assumes you are lying when you say how many supporters you claim to have, you are obviously not trustworthy enough to be Prime Minister anyway.

Most Britons will be pleased by Johnson's failure.

I do wish that some members posting here would not presume to talk for the whole world population or the population of the UK etc. It's all to frequent here and often WRONG. You (plural) don't have that right!! Stick to your OWN damn opinions. {this doesn't mean that I am pleased or displeased by BJ's withdrawal, it just means YOU can't possibly know!, so shut up! or you can include in your sentence in my opinion }

Quote: billwill @ 24th October 2022, 2:24 PM

I do wish that some members posting here would not presume to talk for the whole world population or the population of the UK etc. It's all to frequent here and often WRONG. You (plural) don't have that right!! Stick to your OWN damn opinions. {this doesn't mean that I am pleased or displeased by BJ's withdrawal, it just means YOU can't possibly know!, so shut up! or you can include in your sentence in my opinion }

He said most, not all, Billlwill.

So is Sunak obliged to follow Hunts budget or make his own? If he does make his own where does that leave Hunt given that Sunak had to promise the ERG that he would breach the NIP and start trade wars on two fronts with the largest market block just off our coast and with the USA despite the dollars strength. None of this makes sense at all?

Is it confirmed he made that promise to the RG? Or was it just Mark Francoise bluffing?

The four of them clearly held him to it thats why they were all there to confirm it by nodding. They will now push for it asap as its their entire raison d'ĂȘtre.

Not that they would sanction that type of phrase you understand.

Not sure they're the force they were after the Truss puppet imploded.

Their power comes from forcing Sunak to agree, they will hold his feet to the fire and if he recants they will cite it as the ultimate Brexit betrayal despite the fact they know Brexit is over , it gave nothing and took much and it is doomed to failure.
For any Seinfeld aficionados out there, these people act like George Costanza did with Susan's parents on the drive out to the Hamptons.

Fraiser from dad's army had nothing on you lot.

Can you blame me? From my end it looks dire. But if it looks great your end then kudos to you mate long may it continue.
I never thought a Yorkshire man would tell a Scouser to be more optimistic. we live in strange times.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th October 2022, 6:58 PM

Fraiser from dad's army had nothing on you lot.

It's hardly surprising when the country is governed by people with the stupidity of Frank Spencer and Father Dougal McGuire

Still better than Mr charisma bypass and the local bike.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th October 2022, 7:39 PM

Still better than Mr charisma bypass and the local bike.

Referring to a woman as the local bike is unpleasant. Show a bit of class.

You must mean her that left school with more kids than 0 levels, is shagging a married man and flashed her jack and Danny at Boris.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th October 2022, 8:17 PM

Referring to a woman as the local bike is unpleasant. Show a bit of class.

On a comedy website? Where do you find class?