British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,482

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd October 2022, 6:43 PM

Which poll is that?

Savanta ComRes, conducted Friday - Sunday.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd October 2022, 6:44 PM

Savanta ComRes, conducted Friday - Sunday.

Cool.

EDIT

Can't find that one - the previous one by Savanta ComRes was a little better for the Tories.

Just seen our glorious new chancellor on the telly

"I can be frank. I know the plan put forward only 10 days ago has caused a little turbulence. I get it"

Queue titters of mirth from the audience

Yeah it's hysterical

Little turbulence, like the Bank of England having to spend £65 BILLION pounds of OUR money in an emergency bailout?

It's just a game isn't it? It's just a big game of bloody Monopoly to these imbeciles

Over the last week with all the perceived bother with the budget and the 45p tax rate etc, I was beginning to believe the official polls that Labour was streets ahead at the moment.
But, I have now seen 3 polls albeit on Twitter and Facebook that still have the conservatives in front. One poll had 1.6 million votes.
These are ordinary people casting these votes during this so-called crisis.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th October 2022, 8:32 AM

Over the last week with all the perceived bother with the budget and the 45p tax rate etc, I was beginning to believe the official polls that Labour was streets ahead at the moment.
But, I have now seen 3 polls albeit on Twitter and Facebook that still have the conservatives in front. One poll had 1.6 million votes.

Polls can't be accurate. If you go to the Labour Conference and ask 50 people what result do you think you'd get? It's all random.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th October 2022, 8:32 AM

And I've got polls on my twitter feed that say 98% of people want to rejoin the EU.
That's because it's my Twitter feed
And they're bollocks too.
They're self-selecting, preaching to the converted.
And if you don't trust polls taken by professional companies with properly sampled groups, I;m not sure why you trust these.

I don't trust any actually and ignored the first two but the third was 1.6 million votes tweeted by a news broadcaster who I do not follow.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th October 2022, 9:57 AM

I don't trust any actually and ignored the first two but the third was 1.6 million votes tweeted by a news broadcaster who I do not follow.

It all depends on the news broadcaster, in that case.
Which was it?

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd October 2022, 6:45 PM

Can't find that one - the previous one by Savanta ComRes was a little better for the Tories.

Found it.

The Paris Metro finally goes ticketless.
I shall miss these little yellow fellas.

Nice to see Liz Truss fulfilling her destiny to be the Jeremy Corbyn of the Tory party.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th October 2022, 11:47 AM

Nice to see Liz Truss fulfilling her destiny to be the Jeremy Corbyn of the Tory party.

Same system of electing - same result.
Ignore the MPs, ignore the voters - listen to the Membership, who are always hardcore - be they left or right.

On the morning news today - electric cars are almost on parity with petrol/diesel cars to recharge/refill. 17p a mile electric, 19p a mile petrol.

It's on the way.
But they really need to roll out rural re-charge points.
I visit about 4 garages locally.
Not one has any charging points.
And they're not hokey-local brands - it's the big boys, Shell, BP etc
Round here, those that want fully electric keep a knackerd 4x4 in the garage for local journeys.
Sort of defeats the object .

And it will soon be more expensive to charge as the batteries degrade (those figures above were for a new electric car)

There's a bloke on youtube that tests electric cars. He lives in Northern Ireland and drives each car to Southern Ireland and back - giving a running commentary on the journey.
The trip is about 300 miles each way. The cars are fully charged and say on the screen 330 miles left.
He never makes it on one charge. Starting/stopping, heaters, lights and air-con all deplete the battery.
He has to stop at a rapid charging garage (and often has to wait while a bay is free) then a 3 hour charge to continue.

The fastest he has done it there and back is 17 hours with 2 charges. Most times it needs 3 charges.