British Comedy Guide

Cunk On Earth

Diane Morgan is always great in this role and think this series has been fantastic. I do feel a little sorry for the experts though. Bless them, they were probably really excited to talk about the subject they have dedicated their lives to, then probably quite quickly realise they are in a skit.

First episode really made me howl. As always, greatly looking forward to the rest.

Quote: BernardB @ 24th September 2022, 1:34 PM

Diane Morgan is always great in this role and think this series has been fantastic. I do feel a little sorry for the experts though. Bless them, they were probably really excited to talk about the subject they have dedicated their lives to, then probably quite quickly realise they are in a skit.

From the bits I saw on last night's episode, it seemed they were in on it and semi acting out their role so I wouldn't feel sorry for them. This sort of stuff has been done so many times before, from Eric Idle's Alan Whicker spoofs to Brian Pern etc etc. But I expect wokeys will hate it because it's making fun of nationalities and history, so that's one good thing, and I don't see it winning any major awards for because of it.

I thought it was way more miss than hit, maybe the half hour time slot after her much tighter scripted 15min Mandy eps was the reason for that, as there was a lot of iffy filler material such as the spoof ad. But then I'm not a fan of episodic jumping around from location to location sitcoms such as Drop The Dead Donkey. Still, it struck me as something only an established comedian could have got on TV, because if anyone unknown had sent that script to a producer it would've gone in the paper recycling bin. Instead the material has been recycled again on mainstream TV. Good morning.

Loved it in the past. Morgan is great and a brilliant character.
Format seems a bit tired now though.

Yeah, there's a slight sense of diminishing returns this time, BUT I'm still hugely enjoying and laughing a lot. Some brilliant writing.