British Comedy Guide

Comfort sitcoms Page 2

The Young Ones.
Young Ones, The.
Young Ones.
The Young Ones.

Quote: beaky @ 19th September 2022, 9:06 AM

It took them a long time to get the joke.

?

Partridge from the UK. And Friends, although as pointed out recently it is terrifying to think that the Friends actors now are all older than the youngest Golden Girl.

I saw Ross in the series about O J Simpson. He was his lawyer in that but.... It was still Ross.

Father Ted and the IT Crowd.

Rising Damp,Porridge,One foot in the grave,Fawlty Towers,Father Ted,Bilko,Frasier and at a push The King of Queens.
Although most comfortable listening to Hancock and Round the Horne.

Well yes, I completely forgot about radio! Which I listen to (recordings) regularly.

So............

Hancock
Goons
ISIRTA
ISIHAC
Chain Reaction

PS - WasMrApollo?

:)Yes.I was MrApollo but our old lap top seized up and I had to start again on a new one.Windows7,so we got good value.

I think listening to comedy on the wireless needs more attention than just "having it on in the background" though.

Nay, nay and thrice nay - I listen to them all the time, when I'm ironing or sorting out/photographing my eBay sales, and do stop when I know there is a very funny section coming up, having to listened to them so many times, and which never fails to make me laugh.

UK wise Black Books, Peep Show and Inbetweeners still always make me laugh. I'm Alan Partridge as well. I always give 15 Storeys High a rewatch every 14-16 months or so, that's a classic in my eyes. I gave it another watch after Sean Lock passed, and it was quiet emotional actually.

US it's always Frasier for me. I never get tired of it, it's just such a well made show all round.