British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Comfort sitcoms

Has anyone got a sitcom or two that they may have seen a hundred times but still like watching it again
or having it on in the background

UK wise, for me it#s probably Red Dwarf or Peep show
And my US comedy comfort shows would be Frasier, Seinfeld and the US Office

Hi-de-Hi, Vicar of Dibley and, more recently, Ghosts.

Edit
Just thought of another one: To The Manor Born.

Hi-de-hi, Are You Being Served?, Dad's Army, Oh Doctor Beeching!, Terry & June/Happy Ever After, OFAH Jolly Boys' Outing.

And U.S. - Bilko. Obviously

This is a good thread Steve! ?

Similar to Billy (I think we're "of an age" - me especially)...........

For The Love of Ada, would be my top choice - really love it.

Dad's Army
Terry and June
The Army Game

And for US...........

Bilko
Frasier

Just Good Freinds,
Love Hurts
Early Doors
The Good Life.

US
Everybody Loves Raymond.
The Big Bang
Frasier.

Agree, good thread. Porridge for me, I studied the scripts.

The Good Life.
Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em (rarely on)
Cheers (again doesn't seem to be regularly available)
Curb
I'd never purposely watch them - can't be arsed with DVDs etc - but if they're on terrestrial I'll give them a look.
The good thing about familiar shows is that you can use them to fill in while you wait for your intended program, and it doesn't matter if you have to leave before they've finished.

If I ejaculate on my toes during TV, is it a cum-foot show?

During your periods of transvestism you mean? Yes.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th September 2022, 2:06 AM

Has anyone got a sitcom or two that they may have seen a hundred times but still like watching it again

Dad's Army, which is just as well as it's rarely off our screens. Infact I've already got withdrawal symptoms so I'm about to put on the dvd of series 4, 5 or 6. Just deciding which one.
Fawlty Towers although I try and make it a special treat now so as not to wear it out.
First series of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads and the Xmas special
First Two series of Rising Damp - Surprisingly rewatchable, the long Rigsby flourishes are a dream
Porridge but needs a break now or I just know what's going to happen too much
Most of The Good Life although I have to wait for this to be repeated as I still don't have it on dvd. But should.

(Would certainly like to see more OFAH but I don't have Gold and I still haven't bought the boxset but it's one I'm saving for retirement.)

George and Mildred
AYBS
Man about the House
Toast of London

Ghosts, Vicar of Dibley, Dinnerladies, As Time Goes By, Next of Kin, and pretty much anything else from the 80s or 90s.

American-wise, Frasier and Seinfeld. And Friends.

Yes friends is a good shout
Add that to my list

Some good suggestions so far. I'd also add Father Ted.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th September 2022, 10:10 AM

The good thing about familiar shows is that you can use them to fill in while you wait for your intended program, and it doesn't matter if you have to leave before they've finished.

Yeah, same here. I can dip in and out of most episodes of Only Fools and Horses and still enjoy it for the umpteenth time. Earlier today I watched some of the episode A Royal Flush, where Rodney sort-of-dates the daughter of the Duke of Maylebury, which I've seen loads of times... Interesting that nowadays, this episode has audience laughter, yet on its original showing it didn't.

It took them a long time to get the joke.