British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Funny cartoons Page 38

F**king Hell! Might be easier for people to follow me on Twitter or buy Private Eye!

Quote: beaky @ 13th September 2022, 10:23 AM

F**king Hell! Might be easier for people to follow me on Twitter or buy Private Eye!

Surely you don't want to be corralled in with Chappers ?

It's simples, once you've dipped your toe in.

Original

until . . .

Additional frame by me

This is perfect - doesn't need any extra text or improved "joke" by some sad loser

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2022, 3:03 PM

This is perfect - doesn't need any extra text or improved "joke" by some sad loser

That comment wasn't really necessary, either. To quote a classic cinema comedy, "Lighten up, Francis."

Quote: DaButt @ 13th September 2022, 6:23 PM

That comment wasn't really necessary, either. To quote a classic cinema comedy, "Lighten up, Francis."

What comedy classic is that?

Wake up Chappers.
It's Francis gets a cob on.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th September 2022, 8:32 PM

Wake up Chappers.
It's Francis gets a cob on.

What? Still no idea!

Stripes (1981) featuring Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, and John Candy.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th September 2022, 6:23 PM

You wouldn't say that if you knew what the back story was, so I will continue, thank you very much.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th September 2022, 9:38 PM

Oh, that famous film

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2022, 11:54 PM

You wouldn't say that if you knew what the back story was, so I will continue, thank you very much.

It's obvious that there's a backstory, but I doubt most of us find much enjoyment in watching the feud unfold day after day. Your haughty and occasionally petulant remarks don't make a very good impression, even if you think you have a good reason to post them. You've even gotten snippy with me, and we don't have a backstory. Feel free to carry on as you see fit, but I just wanted let you know how ugly the whole thing looks to an outsider.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2022, 11:54 PM

Oh, that famous film

It was the fifth-highest grossing film in North America in 1981, and it featured many of the era's top comic actors. I guess it didn't make much of a splash in the UK, but it is very well known here, and a few quotes such as the one I mentioned earlier have entered the American lexicon.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th September 2022, 2:01 PM

It's obvious that there's a backstory, but I doubt most of us find much enjoyment in watching the feud unfold day after day. Your haughty and occasionally petulant remarks don't make a very good impression, even if you think you have a good reason to post them. You've even gotten snippy with me, and we don't have a backstory. Feel free to carry on as you see fit, but I just wanted let you know how ugly the whole thing looks to an outsider.

Well said.
This is a forum for everyone and it's slightly dreary seeing these little dramas unfold.
Sort it out, get a room - whatever.
Just don't drag us into it.
As DB says, to an uniformed outsider, it just makes BCG look like a really unwelcoming place.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th September 2022, 2:01 PM

I have no regrets, though I don't like to upset a cousin from across the sea, so I'll keep my powder dry from now on.

You should see some of the football threads when they get heated, if you want to see serious slagging off. My gripes are mild by comparison.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th September 2022, 9:38 PM

Does that answer my question? Never heard of it!

Quote: Chappers @ 14th September 2022, 6:04 PM

Does that answer my question? Never heard of it!

Therefore it doesn't exist.
It's a classic US comedy of the early 80's - out of the National Lampoon school, Caddy Shack etc etc.
You should watch it.
It's a hoot.