British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,461

With Queen dead, is Adam Lambert being lined up to take over?

I was so depressed when I heard the Queen is dead. The Smiths are shit. They're worse than Pulp.

I've read that The new heir to the Throne does not automatically assume the title of Prince of Wales
Well not before Tom Jones dies anyway

Michael, it's hardly her fault she was born into the system and did her duty. You should be blaming your own hero Oliver Cromwell for f**king up a sure Republic by making life so unliveable with his puritanical restrictions on everything, that the country welcomed back a Monarchy.

I think we should all be grateful we don't now face a bruising and acrimonious presidential election. On top of the turmoil of recent months.

And not sure why anyone thinks it would be any cheaper anyway, given the residences and forms of transport that presidents seem to enjoy (see France and the USA amongst others) without the advantage of their attracting tourism.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th September 2022, 8:21 AM

I think we should all be grateful we don't now face a bruising and acrimonious presidential election. On top of the turmoil of recent months.

And not sure why anyone thinks it would be any cheaper anyway, given the residences and forms of transport that presidents seem to enjoy (see France and the USA amongst others) without the advantage of their attracting tourism.

?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th September 2022, 2:32 AM

I've read that The new heir to the Throne does not automatically assume the title of Prince of Wales

Well, that's what they were saying yesterday, a couple of times I heard someone say William was now P of W

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th September 2022, 10:39 AM

Well, that's what they were saying yesterday, a couple of times I heard someone say William was now P of W

Charles wasn't automatically Prince of Wales. It took a long time. I just hope that Henry and that woman don't get upgraded.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th September 2022, 10:39 AM

Yeah, he is now the Heir Apparent, but is not yet Prince of Wales. He's the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge. The title Prince of Wales is manually conferred not automatically transferred.

Yes, I remember the toe-curling embarrassment of Charles' Investiture, when he was looking so geeky and the Queen was wearing that awful hat.

l tell you what, I bet breeders of King Charles spaniels have got their pooches working overtime right now.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th September 2022, 12:43 PM

l tell you what, I bet breeders of King Charles spaniels have got their pooches working overtime right now.

Do they interbreed as much as royalty tend to do?

Quote: DaButt @ 9th September 2022, 3:21 PM

If anything, worse.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th September 2022, 3:21 PM

They certainly like ripping poor defenceless animals to pieces like royalty tend to do

Who has inter bred with who?