British Comedy Guide

HM The Queen Page 2

RIP. I'm not a royalist but it was hard not to like the Queen.

Rest in Peace Your Majesty

RIP

They showed Prince William driving the Range Rover (?) with Andrew and Edward, with his wife, and they were saying that it didn't look good, as they all looked very down - no wonder, as the Queen was already dead, but they didn't say that on the live coverage.

So, William is now Prince of Wales and Charles will be someone you've never heard of like King Arthur or King George VII - don't understand these so called regnal names. I would have thought King Charles III would have been absolutely fine.

Just read, 'One parasite less in the world...' That's an awful thing to say. It's 'one parasite FEWER'.

F**k off

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th September 2022, 7:10 PM

They showed Prince William driving the Range Rover (?) with Andrew and Edward, with his wife, and they were saying that it didn't look good, as they all looked very down - no wonder, as the Queen was already dead, but they didn't say that on the live coverage.

So, William is now Prince of Wales and Charles will be someone you've never heard of like King Arthur or King George VII - don't understand these so called regnal names. I would have thought King Charles III would have been absolutely fine.

He is King Charles III.

Waiting for Putin to send his condolences,

Is it true comedy is banned on the BBC through the mourning period?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 8th September 2022, 8:02 PM

Is it true comedy is banned on the BBC through the mourning period?

This was certainly the policy last time plans were revealed. It could have changed, but I doubt it.

(Ten days is the next answer.)

So it is a tragedy, after all.

American flags have been lowered to half-staff, and they will remain there until sunset on the day of her burial.

Boring anti-monarchist all over twitter.
Seriously, the Monarchy is the least of our problems.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th September 2022, 7:57 PM

He is King Charles III.

Yes! And I'm gobsmacked, because for decades they had been saying that he would never be King Charles III, because of this regnal tradition where the king is usually named after a predecessor, as a sort of homage.

Charles was destined to be George VII, in honour of his grandfather - this is what I'v read in many articles on royal traditions, over the years.

And I'm so pleased that he is going to be Charles III, which makes sense, if anything in homage to Charles II who was made king after Cromwell's family had their arses kicked.

He's been known famously as Charles for a long time
So it would have seemed odd for him in this day and age to change it, I'm not surprised
Long live the King
And this time I'm not talking about Elvis for a change

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th September 2022, 2:30 AM

He's been known famously as Charles for a long time
So it would have seemed odd for him in this day and age to change it, I'm not surprised

Yeah, this. Had the Queen passed away (or abdicated) years ago, he probably would have gone with George VII. But he's 73 now, having been and known as Charles, Prince of Wales for 7 decades, I guess it felt natural to him he'd be Charles III instead.

If any of us are alive at the point, we will see a George VII... in 2 Kings time (after William V).

That's a point. For all of us, we will have only had one queen whenever we pop our clogs. It's Kings for a long while now.