British Comedy Guide

Worst adverts ever. Page 10

I saw an advert for the 'Hoverball' today via JML TV which was being broadcast in my local branch of Robert Dyas. I felt tingly all over afterwards ;)

The ones that have "experts" giving you a completely "impartial" opinion on a product. There is one at the moment that has a female Irish dentist foaming at the mouth (:D) about some toothpaste.

NO! You are not a dentist you are a f**king actor. Now piss off.

Exactly.

If I hear that f**king cow say "Gimme Five" one more time on the SCS advert I will have to commit murder and as for that M and Ms advert with some tart in bed and her husband comes home and finds her trying to eat a big fat one without him, then one pops out of the wardrobe and says summat like "Pssst, Scott's home early" - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utter f**king rubbish American crap. Angry

I understand that comedy is an excellent way to get people to watch the advert all the way to the punch line. But I never fully understood the brand of humour, in that the M & M advert is a corny cliché. So in one respect it has wide appeal, but in another doesn't it create bad associations which are to be avoided in advertising ?

There's a logic, which is primarily American it seems (though we copy whatever "they" say like brainless sheep) that even if it is bad it still makes you remember it.

Er, NO!! you f**king cretin it means I then hate your product so much I wouldn't have it even if you gave it to me. For example (while I am on a rant :D ) I cannot stand Sky and anything to do with it, so when I get some beaming twat knocking on my door to sell it to me, there is nothing I like better than deflating him with "I wouldn't have Sky if you gave it to me". It gives me a warm glow to think I have f**ked his day up, not unless of course he/she is a numbskull.

Americans in general may get sucked in by their TV ads. but not me, even when they are dubbed, but then I think 99% of TV adverts are absolute shite anyway.

You got your horsehair underpants on again Herc.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th August 2017, 11:58 AM

You got your horsehair underpants on again Herc.

Ummm, with severe knacker itch. :S