British Comedy Guide

Christmas presents

Anyone have any great/unusual ideas for novel/funny/cheap/last minute presents?

such as -

A few years ago I bought 2 pair of fluffy bed socks one pink one blue and split the pairs. I gave one mixed pair to my wife and gave the other pair to my wife's best friends husband to give to her. On Christmas day my wife was underwhelmed and slightly confused with this miss matched stocking filler - but burst out laughing when a week later we were out with our friends and the two women were listing their presents...

Any other simple fun ideas?

thats genius, you may have killed your thread at the start

Bin bags are a great present I normally find.

Don't, I repeat, don't buy your mother a novelty toilet sign for two years running.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 22nd December 2015, 12:30 PM GMT

Don't, I repeat, don't buy your mother a novelty toilet sign for two years running.

Your mother has a novelty toilet?

no shit!

That's just a piss take.

Still looking for funny present ideas!

I remember reading about someone (might even have been someone on the BCG) who used to buy random old vinyl LP's and send them as presents to friends with the note "I saw this and thought of you, I knew you would love it!". He said no one ever asked why.

Odd socks were a thing, and you can buy either boxes or single luxary odd pairs, or make your own.

Christmas presents should be targetted, so even if the thought is in the note and not the gift, it is enough.

Simple accessories like socks, ties, belts, etc., or chocolates or alchohol tend to be the enjoyed, even if regifted.

What you want to avoid is anything one might buy from a 24 hour garage or off license.

Including 2 litres of petrol.

Merry Christmas: http://www.christojeanneclaude.net/__data/094a543aac83bef8f0aae352caf7e052.jpg

Blow up Trump doll for the ladies who were championing Hilary, with suitably placed air nozzle..

My wife finally got me something useful, that was missing in my range of tools........

An adjustable spanner, that is Imperial one end and Metric the other..............

I've got a signed copy of the new Bob Mortimer novel. (Not sure who it's signed by!)

Well, before December and 2022 disappear down the plug-hole, I thought I'd list my relevant (comedy) presents this year, which I'm very pleased with.

Tim Vine Live "Tim Timinee etc" - the only DVD I haven't got of his
Ronnie Corbett's "Prince of Denmark" DVD
Joan Sims biog. "Too Happy a Face"
Jeremy Clarkson's "Diddy Squat" - a year on the farm
Jimmy Carr "Before and Laughter" - a guide to changing your life
"It's All in the Mind" the life and legacy of Larry Stephens - a man I've always wanted to know more about. Thick hardback too!

A very welcome pressie.
I've read pretty well all his stuff - and this is as funny & smart as ever.

Yeah he's a funny bugger

P.s. that girl was probably in therapy for the rest of her life after that meeting ...