British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 1,486

Yeah, in the US too, I'm pretty sure you could sue for that sort of thing.

Just reread my post- I probably wasn't clear enough. They changed the recipe so that wheat is now an ingredient. They have labelled this in the ingredients listing, so they aren't technically breaking the law as it is declared. It's just that previously wheat wasn't in it and there was nothing on the front of box to say they had changed the recipe.
I'm sure if I complained they would just say I should always check the ingredient listing. I still think it's a bit dodgy though.

I'll write them a tear stained letter claiming they killed you and I'm going to set fire to their factory.
It might work.

Bored writing for a generous, but needy client who wants to believe I take an hour on redraft as opposed to erm....a lot less.

So doing redrafts but waiting an hour before posting them.

When someone unloads an obnoxious amount of aerosol. I get it. Bathrooms can get smelly. People pass gas. But we're all adults and you're spraying half a can of Lysol is the chemical equivalent of "My shit doesn't stink."

Here's the thing, there's a reason why kids like to huff that stuff. It destroys brain cells and makes you think you're happy doing it. When you spray it in lose quarters with minimal ventilation, you're making people sick and suddenly the bodily function that some poor person could not control is not the problem.

You only need one tiny spritz. That's it.

I had a grim experience of getting harranged by a beggar at the tube this evening.
Started with the all time fave question.

Do you speak English?

Too which I responded.

No I don't.

Which upset him, I decided it best not to add that I never give to people who look better dressed than me. That and I had to walk past him at coleagues having a fag break beside their Mercedes before going back to, work,

The video for our Eurovision entry. Clearly the drummers should not be hitting a snare drum but something much bigger with a deeper timbre. Clearly poor directing.
Plus the song is rubbish. As far as I can work out they just keep on repeating 'Children of the Universe' with some mumbling in between.
Plus why is Alan Partridges assistant singing the song.

Quote: NateSean @ 5th May 2014, 11:22 PM BST

When someone unloads an obnoxious amount of aerosol. I get it. Bathrooms can get smelly. People pass gas. But we're all adults and you're spraying half a can of Lysol is the chemical equivalent of "My shit doesn't stink."

Here's the thing, there's a reason why kids like to huff that stuff. It destroys brain cells and makes you think you're happy doing it. When you spray it in lose quarters with minimal ventilation, you're making people sick and suddenly the bodily function that some poor person could not control is not the problem.

You only need one tiny spritz. That's it.

What happened to the good old day of lighting a match.

Quote: sootyj @ 5th May 2014, 11:56 PM BST

What happened to the good old day of lighting a match.

That was brilliant wasn't it?

Wonder why it works so well?

Most of the smell was methane and sulphur which is flammable.

Probably health and safety banned it, that and people in the EU who like smelly toilets.

Have you come over all UKIP?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th May 2014, 12:16 AM BST

Have you come over all of UKIP?

Not yet, but a man needs an ambition.

TTPYO: The inability of any movie studio to make a Wonder Woman film. Wonder Woman will get a cameo in Superman vs Batman but that's about it. The reason Hollywood hasn't made a big budget WW movie? It's a poisoned chalice.

It's not like girls won't watch another girl kick ass and fall in love - look at 'Catpiss from Hungry Games'. Others have tried - http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-wonder-woman-sandy-139177/ - but whenever someone has tried to get it off the ground, others have waded in to bring it down.

The weight of feminist PC expectations on the character is just too much, no matter how you attempted to portray Wonder Woman, they'd be a disgruntled Twitter campaign to destroy it. And the more you mess with the character to make it fit some sort of ideal, free of any flaw or weakness, then the more boring and uninteresting they become.

We've created a society that has taken a fun comic book character and turned it into a politicised, contentious, sacred cow.

Is it partially that most super heroine films to date have sucked?

Elektra, Catwoman, can't think of any others.

Of course there's been some really good actioners with female leads, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Alien etc

I think what it might be is that comics are an odd genre, replete with decades old sexism. And it's been pretty much impossible to translate that into film without killing off the original charm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Refrigerators

I mean I goto the occasional scifi con and they've got the no harassment rules, you'd expect at a lap dancing club.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th May 2014, 6:32 PM BST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Refrigerators

Wow, I didn't even know about that movement, thanks for cluing me in. Again, another example of why we as viewers just can't have a fun, superhero movie starring a woman. It's young girls I feel sorry for, having a role model taken away from them because of PC interference.

'In your satin tights, fighting for our rights and the old red, white and blue..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhCnM-E5sl0

None of my role models when I was a girl wore such stupid outfits as I've seen Wonderwoman in. They were Ripley and Sarah Connor (and Indiana Jones).
If girls see a character in an outfit like that they know perfectly well she exists to get blokes off not to inspire girls!
If they sorted out Wonderwoman's outfit and made it cool maybe I'd watch it.

Wonderwoman does have the best theme tune ever, though.