British Comedy Guide

Dragon's Den Leaving Card Page 3

I saw SootyJ online & was about to bump one of his old sketches but he beat me to it

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 20 2013, 11:38 PM BST

I saw SootyJ online & was about to bump one of his old sketches but he beat me to it

This one wasn't old enough for you to bump Steve :P

Excellent sketch, nailed the voices.

Quote: Will Cam @ September 20 2013, 11:35 PM BST

I think I must have scared him off Tony as he has disappeared.

Can we say you bumped him off.

Simple, tidy idea very well executed. <scratched record>Needs a punchline for me, though.</scratched record>

Hi, It was a very well written sketch, there is just one problem and this could be the reason why it sounds old, Theo & James aren't in the show anymore! that kind of dates it and makes it sound old, like doing a Blue Peter sketch with Peter Duncan and Sarah Green!
Just an observation!

Quote: Will Cam @ September 20 2013, 11:07 PM BST

I thought I would bump this thread because I saw that Darren was online and was intrigued as he has only posted 17 times in 6 years.

I thought this was a very good spin on an established format which captured the individual voices of the dragons very well.

Thanks for the bump Will!

I was only online trying to find a copy of this for someone who asked to read it (yes actually asked!), but reading the comments has maybe reignited the fire and I can churn out another three or four sketches over the next five years.

My pleasure Darren. :D

Glad to see you're still with us Darren.

Perfect

Fresh laughgs from an ancient series

A lesson for all in economic comedy

Lovely sketch, I got a Dragons Den one in Newsrevue a week or so ago, I think being a fan of the show helped as the sketches write themselves.

and well done on winning the skit comp

Thank you, must admit that was a Show What You Wrote entry that I liked so thought I'd see if anyone else did...breaking myself back into Skit Comp lazily..em, gently ;)

Very good and reminds me of the Python one were Palin (I think) tries to get rich businessman Cleese to give to charity ie. same sub-text -rich successful people are bastards.

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ September 21 2013, 11:17 AM BST

Hi, It was a very well written sketch, there is just one problem and this could be the reason why it sounds old, Theo & James aren't in the show anymore! that kind of dates it and makes it sound old, like doing a Blue Peter sketch with Peter Duncan and Sarah Green!
Just an observation!

That's a fair comment, I think it opens up an interesting debate on recency and relevance. I'd say the crop are so bland and the show so dated that there's no point in mocking it, there's no recognition. Whilst the old crew are burned into our collective cultural memories.